Google Maps–Is a free application that has the following features:
It has a Global Positioning System-based (GPS) location tracking that shows you your current location on the map, something that is very useful when you are driving or trying to get somewhere. Google maps helps you navigate your world faster and easier in over 220 countries and territories with and hundreds of millions of businesses mapped. In addition to GPS navigation, you can get traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods to know where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
The app can be downloaded in the google play store and on itunes.
More features include:
- Get there faster with real-time updates with real-time transit information. to help you catch your bus on time and ETAs to help you beat the traffic
- Discover places and explore like a local like local restaurants and trending places near you.
- More experiences on Google Maps such as street view and offline maps or indoor maps to quickly find places while in big places like airports, malls, and stadium. Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
Uber, Lyft and Google maps: – Google maps combined with Uber is great for getting ride-sharing when you are sent a GPS location of where you need to go. There is a little icon on the far-right corner that indicates ride-sharing. It’s great for getting an idea of where you are, while you are going someplace, which is given to you through location sharing. it shows you (little blue dot) your current location so that you can track where you are and how far you are with regards to the destination.
Here are the following steps for combining Google maps and ride-sharing:
- If someone is able to send you a GPS location with google maps or WhatsApp, you can click the location link.
- The location link will open up google map App.
- Click on the “Directions” blue tab at the bottom.
- Next, you will see the ride-sharing icon – a man in blue with hands sticking out as shown below.
5. Select which ride-sharing service you want to use (Uber or lyft) depending on which one is shown.
There are many other useful google maps features such as:
- Long-press the blue button to jump straight into navigation.
- Select anywhere on the map, not just points of interest.
- Star locations to quickly recall later.
- Use a few advanced swipes to get better views.
- Try a double tap and hold to zoom rather than pinching.
- Tap the compass to switch between locked view and your own view
More reviews on different Google apps are more coming. Please bookmark us and share with others.